- Hold an active New Jersey Medical license in good standing issued by the NJ Board of Medical Examiners.
- Possess an active controlled dangerous substances registration issued by the NJ Division of Consumer Affairs that is not subject to limitation.
- Practice within the State of New Jersey
- Once on the Registry homepage, click on “Physician Registration” on the left navigation bar to initiate physician registration.
- The Physician Registration page will be displayed. Complete all required fields (as noted by a red asterisk).
- In addition to their name and date of birth, physicians will need to enter their medical and CDS license numbers issued by the NJ Division of Consumer Affairs (DCA) to complete their registration.
- At the time of registration, physicians will select a username and password for future access to the Registry.
- When all information is completed, click “Submit”.
- Once physicians submit their registration, their applications will be verified and approved by MMP staff. Registration cannot be completed without both medical and CDS license numbers which will be verified by Department of Consumer Affairs. Once approved, physicians can log in to their Registry accounts (using the username and password created during registration) and initiate patient applications. Physicians can also create accounts for their staff for updating patient statements.
- Once on the Registry click “Login” in the upper right corner of the page. Using the username and password created during registration, log in to the account.
- Once logged on, click on “User Management” from the left navigation bar, and then click on “Search User”.
- The Search User page will appear, click on “All users by physician”, choose appropriate name from the drop down menu, and then click on “Search”. Verify that the staff member is not currently listed in Search Results.
- To add a new user, click on “Add User”. The Add User page will appear. Complete all required fields (as noted by red asterisk) and click on “Save”. A temporary password will be sent to the email address supplied.
The new user will have to log in with the User ID created at Add User registration and the temporary password. Once logged in the Change Password page will appear. The new user will complete all required information (as noted by red asterisk) and click on “Save”. The new user will now have access to the physicians account within the registry
- Log on using the personal username and password created during registration.
- Select “For My Password”.
- Enter username and “Continue”.
- Answer the required security questions and supply your email address.
- Select “Submit”
- Your password is now reset. A temporary password has been sent to the provided email address.
- Log on using your username and temporary password.
- You will be required to set up a new password.
- Once completed, continue to the NJ MMP registry.
The participating physician list is also available on the NJ Medicinal Marijuana Program Registry homepage at: http://njmmp.nj.gov
Obtain written confirmation from a physician trained in the care of pediatric patients and from a psychiatrist establishing, in their professional opinions, following review of the minor patient’s medical record or examination of the minor patient, that the minor patient is likely to receive therapeutic or palliative benefits from the medical use of marijuana to treat or alleviate symptoms associated with his or her debilitating medical condition.
Note* Consulting physicians (pediatrician, psychiatrist) are not required to be registered with the MMP in order to file a certification with the physician who is registering the minor patient.
If the certifying physician is trained in the care of pediatric patients, he or she shall only be required to obtain written confirmation from a psychiatrist;
Explain the potential risks and benefits of the medical use of marijuana to the minor patient and to the minor patient’s parent, guardian or another person having legal custody of the minor patient. Such explanation shall be documented in the minor patient’s medical record.
The MMP is requiring that the registering physician provide documentation of these consultations at the time the minor patient’s Attending Physician Statement is executed. The documentation can be uploaded to the patients Attending Physician Statement. The MMP Registration Unit will validate this documentation and respond to your office. This documentation is required to initiate the MMP review of the minor patient application.
FAQ’s provided by State of New Jersey Department of Health
View User Questions