- Select “Patient Registration” on the left side of the screen of the MMP registry page and carefully read the page of instructions before continuing in the registry.
- Enter all required information as noted by a “red asterisk”.
- The Patient Reference Number must be included; this is the number that was provided by the physician.
- Select “Submit” and the Patient Registration page will appear.
- Complete all required information on the Patient Registration page
- If applicable, enter primary caregiver information.
- *Note: If you need or require a caregiver, please review the caregiver portion of the FAQ’s
- Read and acknowledge the Patient Certification
- Check the appropriate box indicating that the terms have been understood.
- “Save and Continue”.
- Patients will now be required to upload scanned photographs and documents.
- NJ Medicaid Program
- Current Food Stamp Benefits Card
- NJ temporary disability insurance benefits
- Supplemental Security Income Benefits (SSI)
- Social Security Disability Benefits (SSD)
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis
- Multiple sclerosis
- Terminal cancer
- Muscular dystrophy
- Inflammatory bowel disease, including Crohn’s disease
- Terminal illness, if the physician has determined a prognosis of less than 12 months of life.
The following conditions apply, if resistant to, or if the patient is intolerant to, conventional therapy:
- Seizure disorder, including epilepsy
- Intractable skeletal muscular spasticity
The following conditions apply, if severe or chronic pain, severe nausea or vomiting, cachexia or wasting syndrome results from the condition or treatment thereof:
- Positive status for human immunodeficiency virus
- Acquired immune deficiency syndrome
- The physician-patient relationship has existed for at least one year; or
- The physician has seen and/or assessed the patient for the debilitating medical condition on at least four visits; or
- The physician assumes responsibility for providing management and care of the patient’s debilitating medical condition after conducting a comprehensive medical history and physical examination, including a personal review of the patient’s medical record maintained by other treating physicians reflecting the patient’s reaction and response to conventional medical therapies.
- Maintain a bona fide relationship with a New Jersey physician who is registered and approved by the MMP and,
- Be certified with a debilitating medical condition by the approved NJ physician and,
- Be a New Jersey resident.
Patients may not,
- Operate, navigate, or be in control of any vehicle, aircraft, railroad train, or stationary heavy equipment vessel while under the influence of marijuana.
Patients may not smoke medicinal marijuana,
- On a school bus or public form of transportation.
- In a private vehicle unless the vehicle is not in operation.
- On any school grounds, in any correctional facility, at any public park or beach, at any recreation center.
- Any area pursuant to N.J.S.A. 2C:33-13.
A patient or caregiver is not required to return or update their MMP identification card to complete this process. The registry will do this automatically. After switching ATC’s, the patient and caregiver (if applicable) will be eligible to purchase medicinal marijuana from the new ATC.
The Program recommends that a patient be familiarized with act N.J.S.2C:35-18 and refers to legal consultation for the applicability concerning this matter.
Note* Patients must be cardholders to complete physician transfers.
FAQ’s provided by State of New Jersey Department of Health
View User Questions